To generate an ALX file from the JDE, right-click the project and select Generate ALX file.
Distributing an application for desktop installation is easy—just give the ALX and COD files to the user.
The process of installing is a bit more complex:
1. Connect the device to the computer using a USB cable.
2. If it’s not already running, start the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
3. Select the Application Loader.
4. Click Add/Remove Applications.
5. Click Browse, and find the ALX file for your application.
6. Make sure the check box next to your application is checked, and click Next and complete the wizard.