In this tutorial I will show you the following:
• How to setup and configure new BlackBerry project,
• How to create classes,
• Some details about UiApplication and MainScreen,
• How to write a Hello World application and
• How to run your application in simulator.
Please note that you can always find more information about the APIs we are using in BlackBerry
API reference document, which is the part of any JDE Component Pack (Figure 2). You can find it on
your computer under Start / Programs / Research in Motion / BlackBerry JDE 4.x.
To setup your new BlackBerry project:
1. Click on File/New/Project menu.
2. Select BlackBerry project.
3. Click Next.
4. Chose Project name and location
5. Enter the project name, i.e. “Hello World“.
6. Select your location or use a default one to store your project.
7. Click Finish.